Thursday, June 09, 2011

Generation Photo #2

A couple weeks ago the family and I accompanied my parents to visit my great-grand mother in Cresaptown, MD. While we were there, we sat everyone down for a 5-generation photo.

Yep, you heard right. 5 generations... one photo.

From left to right:

Top row: Shaunna (my youngest sister, generation 4), Kris (my younger sister, generation 4), me (the oldest of the 3, generation 4)

Middle row: Dad (generation 3), Grandmother Brown (95,generation 1), Aunt JoAnn (generation 2)

Bottom row: Audie (8, generation 5), Dougie (5, generation 5), Chloie (7, generation 5)
My grandmother (Dad's mother, Grandmother Brown's daughter, and Aunt JoAnn's sister) passed away when I was 12 from a rather nasty form of cancer, so Aunt JoAnn represented the second generation. We were always told to call Grandmother Brown "grandmother" instead of "great-grandmother" because it made her feel old. We've continued the tradition with my kiddos even though she's "getting up there". She's still as spry as she used to be, or at least as spry as I've ever remembered her. We crunched the numbers, and the only way we could see getting any more living generations in one picture would be if the entire family, each generation, had their respective children at 15 years of age, and even then that would be pushing it.

So, here's one for the news paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment