Monday, April 20, 2009

Chloie's cut and Jammie people

I was going back and forth between cooking bacon for breakfast and practicing music for church when I saw Dougie with the scissors. After a brief conversation about how he's not supposed to touch them, he said that Chloie had them, too. Now, I'm opposed to tattling, but this time was one of those times that I'm glad he told me. Turns out that Chloie decided that her hair was "big" and needed to be trimmed. She only cut a small lock of hair, but to prove a point, I finished the job. Tim was worried that I was going to buzz it all off! I was upset, but I'm not cruel!!! She's still the bubbly little girl we all know and love, just a little shorter in the hair department. I miss the curls. Not to be left out, we decided to take pictures of the Jammie People before they went to bed...

Speaking of kids pictures - and I'm getting on my soap box here - the school had a secondary picture day with a professional photographer using back drops and such. They sent home an envelope with 7 pages of pictures ranging from an 8x10 to wallets and even a sheet of picture magnets. When I first saw them I was confused because I didn't remember ordering them, then I read the envelope... "Keep and pay for the ones you want and return the rest." I have to say here that I feel a little... what's a good word for this?... annoyed? violated? used? I wonder how many parents are guilted into buying these pictures because it would be a waste? I can't say I'm happy about the whole thing, so I sent all of the pages back. I have no problem turning down junk mail that assumes I'll drag out my check book for something, but good grief, don't use my kids against me!

OK, now that that is out of my system...! Thanks for letting me be a curmudgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment