Monday, April 20, 2009

Siena's Grand Opening

My friend Christie from Royal Vendors asked me to do a cake, but not just any cake. A cake for the grand opening of the Siena Coffee and Bakery in Hagerstown, MD!!! (check them out here)I spent most of the week working on this and two other cakes (a lot of late nights), but here is the cake as set up at the grand opening...One of the ladies waiting gave me the best compliment. She thought is was from one of those cake places featured on Food Network like Duff from Charm City Cakes. Even better was sitting there with Tim sipping hot chocolate and listening to people talk about the cake, totally unaware that the baker was sitting right there!

This is Christie (the lovely lady on the left) with the mayor of Hagerstown, Robert E. Bruchey II, cutting the cake. After the first piece, they turned it over to me to cut and serve the rest.
Here the Mayor is presenting Christie with a letter welcoming her business to Hagerstown.
Over all it seemed that they had a good turn out, and the food was darn tasty, too! She seems to think that she will be keeping me busy with cake orders through the coffee shop, but for now, I'm looking forward to going to bed at a decent hour tonight! (for more pictures of the cake, check them out on the cake blog here)

No comments:

Post a Comment