Monday, May 04, 2009

You won't belive what we found in the garden!

The kids were helping me work in the garden last week before it started on this week-long raining streak. Tim managed to get the beds tilled, and we cleared out the puff balls on day one.

On day two, my munchkins helped me plant the green beans in the bed by the compost, and we decided to clear out some leaves and brush that had accumulated along the fence. As I'm moving the leaves, I see a scurry of red...

Um... I really hope that was not a spider. It looked awful big. One deep breath later, I still see a hint of red, so I dig it up, move the leaves, and smile...Isn't it cute?!?! They tell me it is a salamander.Audie and I decided to take pictures and show Tim (he was in the back chopping wood). And finally, here is Audie and his new friend.
Would you believe I even picked it up? I think it was a little scared because all of a sudden my hand was wet... Praise the Lord and pass the sanitizer! We put him on the rocks behind the house where the rain water trickles down the mountain before we went inside for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment