Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Yes, folks, it's back by popular demand! Or is it? The anniversary is one of those less celebrated holidays because society has cheapened its value through separation and divorce. Now I know what you're thinking. 'But you got a divorce!' You're right, I did. There's only so much abuse one person can take, and had I not I wouldn't be in love with my husband of two years now. I'm not talking about those kinds of divorces. I'm talking about the Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson kind of divorce for irreconcilable differences, or the Tiger Woods being unfaithful thing. Gee, if the Hollywood stars can't make it, then who among us can?

You know, my parents have been married for over 30 years. Tim's parents for longer. My grandparents were married to each other without separation until the day they died. Marriages like that aren't a fairytale. They truly do exist! And, in this humble blogger's opinion, they exist far too infrequently.

*stepping down from my soapbox*

Anyhoo. Instead of traveling all the way down to Tyson's corner, we decided to stay a little closer to home and try the new Logan's Roadhouse in Martinsburg. I can't tell you how hard it was to throw the peanut shells on the floor. Tim kept laughing and doing it for me. We tried their sampler appetizer with loaded potato skins, mozzarella sticks, and country chicken tenders (don't get the other ones, they're spicy!). He had the porterhouse, I had sirloin and shrimp, and we each had one of their "bucket" desserts. We even got to keep the buckets for souvenirs! Everything was tasty, and the steak was SOOOO good! We stopped by Game Stop so that he could use his gift card from Christmas. I let him get Golden Eye for the Wii and paid for the rest as his anniversary gift. Finally we went to the theater and watched Tangled. It was such a cute movie! A little more singing than I think I would have liked, but overall cute. I think the kiddos will enjoy it. Then we went home and whooped on each other playing Wii games. I beat him in bowling finally! He said he felt bad that he didn't get me a gift to which I responded, "Write the letter so we can get sealed in the temple." He said he'd do it today. I'm so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment