Friday, December 17, 2010

What is this stuff?

As you read this, keep in mind that I don't see daylight during the day until I leave work...

Yesterday I was talking to one of my friends at work. How are things? Well, and you? Great. Have you seen all of the snow we've gotten so far.

Wait, what?

We have snow; about 2 inches of it.

When did this happen???

Sure enough, school has been let out early, Hubby is worried because I have the car and not the Trailblazer, oh, my!

Lucky for us we had received the new tires for the TB and Tim had them installed that morning. He would pick up the kiddos and make his way to my parents' house, and I would meet him there so that we could leave the car and borrow the Explorer... 'cause you know how much *fun* it is to navigate our driveway and surrounding back roads without a 4x4.

I managed to get there without issues, unlike some people. The little grey car in front of me looked like it had the hiccups because the driver didn't know how to drive in the snow. He (or she) kept pulsing the gas pedal, and oh my goodness when he hit the breaks.

The only trouble I had was crossing the bridge to my parents' house. In second, tempted to use first to slow down, I came over the bridge at a crawl and promptly slid into Berkeley Station Road. I saw the snow plow coming, so I gassed it and just drove through. We stayed at Mom and Dad's for a dinner of home-made pizza (YUM!) and headed home after a quick trip to Martin's for raspberries (for a cake) and Jiff peanut butter (it has to be Jiff, I don't know why).

The cake is done, and sitting on my desk at work waiting for someone to come pick it up. I was up past midnight working on it, but it looks good. When I get home today, the kiddos and I will start molding and baking for the bonanza. And you know what's even better? School has been cancelled for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment