Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The stuff of dreams

Last night Tim and I watched two movies. One, with the kiddos, was Despicable Me. It was surprisingly cute and a little mushy at the end, but it was funny. We all liked it. The other, after the kiddos went to bed, was Inception. I must say that the movie was appropriately trippy. Things like the Penrose Stairs made an appearance that just make you go wow. O.o I love optical illusions like this. Does the fork have 3 tines or 4? Which line is longer? Are the lines parallel? It's great stuff. I could follow this triangle around for hours trying to make sense of it, even though I know it can't be done.

Speaking of trippy things... the moon was very bright last night, made more so by the reflection from the snow. It was almost bright enough to mimic a cloudy day. Weird, huh? It reminded me of something from when I was a kiddo. I remember looking out of the window and seeing the back yard lit up by the moon just like it was last night. It was so bright. I also remember going outside and playing in the back yard and swinging on the swing set. Something like this so simple a memory, yet my parents insist that it never happened. Is is possible to remember a dream from so long ago? The funny thing is, I don't remember much else. It's not like I can recall my favorite toy, or what we did on any given day, but this is my most vivid and most easily recalled childhood memory. Just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment