Friday, March 11, 2011

Post # 200 !!!

Wow, that's a lot of typing!

Speaking of a lot of something... we have a lot of water. When Tim got home last night after 11pm, he said that the water was *close* to the road, but not on it. That's happened before and the water receded before it became a problem.

Not this time.

The bridge to our house wasn't flooded this morning when I started to work, but the low-level roads on the other side were. I got through the first "puddle" (18 inches deep) only to find another flooded stretch of road. I couldn't even see the end of it. Instead of risking it, I turned around and started on the alternate route through Glengary and warned 2 other vehicles on my way.

Then I got lost.

Yep, I missed the turn onto Route 45 and ended up going all the way to 522. I finally called Tim to get it all straightened out. I even had to stop for gas. So this morning I clocked in an hour later than expected. Grrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment