Friday, March 27, 2009

I see a baptism in the future...

See? I'm trying to be prophetic, but I guess it doesn't work if I'm doing the planning for it.

A couple weeks ago I thought I had jumped the gun when I told the Missionaries that I needed to talk to the Mission President. I spent the next week trying to figure out how I would tell him that I had to wait a year or more if it came to that and that I didn't mean to get their hopes up. Luckily for them (and me) I didn't have to because the Council had other things to say.

My appointment was Tuesday after work (for me) and the Zone Missionary Lunch (for them). They said that dessert wasn't as good this time. :-) Traffic was a little interesting, so I pulled in the parking lot at the church at 5 pm on the nose. The Missionaries were waiting for me as if they thought I wasn't going to show. Going inside, they introduced me to President Moody, and I jokingly said that they followed me in and were blocking the door to keep me from running if I chickened out. He asked them if they still had the rope. Haha... no really, they had one in their bag.

We had a good lesson, reading from D&C20:37 and somewhere in Mosiah (I can't remember where) to show that the requirements for baptism were the same then as they are now. Then he dismissed the Missionaries so that we could talk. Yikes. I'm rather ashamed to admit that there are things in my past that prevented a traditional interview (hence the appointment with President Moody), but those things are over and done. I can honestly say that they are behind me, and I'm glad to say that I feel that the Lord thinks so as well. I can't say that I really want to go through that again, but the good news is I won't have to because...

I PASSED!!!

Yes, I passed, and if you're just now joining us I'll say it again... I passed! Can you tell I'm excited??? The best part is that Tim is going to baptize and confirm me when it is time. We're looking at a time frame of 3-4 months, but if the kids have already gone to Arkansas for the summer, then we'll do it in August when they come back so that they can be there and see it.

One more thing. Since I've been threatened for dear life if I don't have cake at the baptism, I've been inspired to make a temple baptismal font, complete with the 12 oxen. I can't wait to start planning that one! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment