Wednesday, October 27, 2010

When to stomp two feet in the puddle

I've decided that if I don't jump in with both feet I'll be timid for months. Annabelle will be there for a couple weeks to keep me straight and help me if I get stuck. I guess it's better to get the initial jitters over with sooner than later, so I spent some time yesterday obsessing about this Sunday's Primary lesson/sharing time/music time thing I get to do from now until I don't know when.

... OK, in reality I've been obsessing since they sustained me Sunday morning. That's not a bad thing is it?

Sunday afternoon and evening I sat at the piano with the primary song book, Annabelle's lesson plan for this week, and the kiddos to learn the songs we'll be singing. They helped me learn all of them except the one I'll be teaching them. Now I can't get them out of my head!

I got up in the morning humming them;
I drove to work belting them out in the car;
I find myself humming them at work;
I sing them on the way to get Dougie;
Dougie and I sing them on the way to get Audie and Chloie;
the four of us sing them on the way home;
I hum them while they do their homework and sing while I'm cooking dinner;
I probably sing them in my sleep (much to Tim's dismay).

I will say this for primary songs... I am now intimately familiar with the correct order of the books in the Book of Mormon. Who knew?

I sat with Annabelle last night after the pack meeting to pick her brain about this Sunday's music lesson. She said she hadn't worked on it at all, but thoroughly loved what I'd come up with on my own. Without giving too much away, we're going to see what 2,000 warriors looks like, dress and sound like warriors, and learn a new song about them. I've already tested these ideas out on Tim (as an age-group-appropriate gage for success) and he loves the ideas so far.

Maybe this isn't so bad after all. I'll let you know for sure after this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment