Monday, February 14, 2011

A Hair-Raising Valentines day

Friday afternoon, I retrieved my kiddos from the bus and took them home. Audie successfully completed his first week in the new disciplinary program we co-designed, so he got to play on the Wii for 30 minutes all by himself. Chloie then joined him. While they were otherwise entertained, I took my shower and started the 1.5 hour process of putting my hair up for the Sweetheart Dance at the church. This was the final result... I had to take a picture for a friend at work whose advice I received while trying to figure out what to do with it all. She liked it, so I'm happy.

The dance itself was a lot of fun. There were a lot of songs that I didn't recognize, but Tim and I got to dance to our song. I think we were one of 3 couples out there during that particular diddy (compared to a packed floor for others), and I'm sure we got some weird looks as we sang to each other. They did have a couple fun songs like the Electric Slide and the Twist. Oh, and the lasagna and cake were awesome, too. I didn't do the cake this time, but it was nice to just attend and enjoy myself.

Saturday morning we had pink heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.Tim and Audie changed the oil in the Trailblazer, and then we worked on cleaning house. Sunday we made valentines during singing time as we talked about Heavenly Father's love for us. Our valentines said, "I love you like He loves me. In my heart you'll always be." The kiddos and I visited Sister Fanning in Martinsburg to give her valentines we'd made for her and to say hello. When we got home, Audie and I put the wheels on his pinewood derby car (pics on that later), and I helped Tim put some cables on his motorcycle. We were having trouble putting the seat back on, but then we realized that the front bracket was on upside-down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment