Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I gave the old man some candy"

Last night while Audie was in scouts, I made a last minute decision to join a Relief Society service project. We even talked a non-member scout parent into joining us. Our project was to visit the residents of Care Haven in Martinsburg and give them valentines hearts and candy. Our little kiddos even went with us and helped us pass them out. The residents were grateful, the nurses were happy to see us, and I'm so impressed with the kiddos' behavior and willingness to serve.

On our way out, Dallas (my friend's youngest son) had two pieces of candy left, and he gave them to the elderly gentleman sitting in his wheelchair by the door. He proudly exclaimed, "I gave the old man some candy!" Good job sharing, kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment