Friday, February 18, 2011

Soup's up!

My uncorked bottle of bouncy sunshine (aka Chloie) has not been feeling well the last couple days. She's been, well... still. It's so unlike her, that her teacher sent her home. That and she had a fever of 102.4. Now she can't go back to school until she has been 24 hours fever and medicine free and all because of the H1N1 thing last year. Personally, I think they might be over reacting, but that is a discussion for a later time.

So, we went to my parents' house so that she could spend the night and today with Mom, and I made my chicken noodle soup. Yes, a soup the kiddos and Tim will actually eat. For my sister who wanted the recipe...

2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans hot water
1 'box' of Swanson chicken broth (not the cans)
1 12oz package of egg noodles
1 16oz bag frozen veg (I used the pea/carrot mix)
1/4 cup minced onions
various herbs to taste (I used 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp oregano, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1 tsp garlic salt)

Mix the water, condensed soup, and broth together over medium heat until completely dissolved. Add herbs, veg, and onions and stir until almost boiling. Add the egg noodles, stir gently until everything is under the fluid level. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

You can also add chunks of cooked chicken, but I didn't this time. This is a little thicker because of the condensed soup, so it works really well in bread bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment