Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I *heart* you

We're getting close to Valentines Day... the day when eating chocolate is perfectly acceptable... the day when cut flowers perfume the air... the day when you find out your kids are growing up.

Hold the phone... kids growing up? You heard me.

This morning Audie said that he needed to do one more valentine. I guess Tim started him on it last night. So I'm going through the list to figure out which one he's missing, and I find that one is bigger than the others...

Is this someone special? He nods. "Can I put some extra hearts on it, Mommy?"

Oh, dear. There it is. He likes a girl.

I rue the day when Chloie starts this, but then again she'll put extra hearts on anyone's valentine if I give her the stickers.

I should mention that my mother got the kids those boxes of valentines (thanks, Mom!). Dougie got first pick and chose the Pixar box with Wall-E and Nemo. Chloie (of course) picked the Disney princesses; Audie chose Spiderman. We're going to work on Dougie and Chloie tonight after family home evening (more on that in a minute). For Chloie we'll work like we did with Audie, making one valentine for each person in her class including the teachers. Then, all three will make valentines for Gammy and Happy, Grandma and Grampa, (maybe Mommy and Daddy), and I'll try to do some for JD to mail to Arkansas. I think he'd like that.

For Family Home Evening, we're a couple days late (I know), but we've been a little busy. Audie is excited because he gets to teach. I guess they were talking about temples and "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". They made trumpets like the Angel Moroni atop the temples. This evening's lesson should be quick, but nonetheless it will be a good experience for him and a wonderful opportunity for him to show us he knows and loves these principles.

... wow. Did I really say that? It seems that a year and a half ago, I wouldn't have.

*warm fuzzy moment*

1 comment:

  1. Awww. too cute! it's amazing how fast they grow up... When I look back I am trying to figure out where I was when they were growing up. To me they are still my little ones.

    ReplyDelete