Thursday, February 05, 2009

What is this stuff anyway???

So the cold that has made its rounds through the family has finally made it to "Mommy". At times I wish I'd get sick first so I could get it out of the way, but a friend from work reminded me that mothers always get sick last so that they can take care of the family while the family is sick.

It's lousy luck, if you ask me.

So things that have been going on with the kids...

Audie is a smart cookie. He won't tell you right off the bat, but he is. We had a meeting with his teacher last week... she confirms for us that he can read... he can read very well... he's not as dumb as he tries to make us believe. It could very well be that he was shy when they did the testing, but at least we know it's not in our heads. Knowing this, we agreed that he didn't need the after-school program anymore.

Chloie made a 100% on her last word test! Proud Mom and Dad have already posted the paper on the fridge for all to see. We're working on the "W" words now. She still has a little trouble distinguishing between "where?" and "were". I can see why. Over all, she's doing very well.

Dougie got to take a trip to the doctor's office yesterday for his eye. It looked like someone had punched him in the eye and his lids swelled. It wasn't enough to swell closed, but enough to make me worry. Dr. Dave said it was a common thing (I don't know how common it is if I've never seen it), but that there are essentially infected pores or hair follicles inside his eye that caused this grief. He gave us a prescription for an antibiotic and told us to put a warm compress on it and it should go away. Here's hoping.

Hubby and I are still trying to get everything we can moved to the new house; we've got most of it there already. I'm still collecting boxes from work to aid in the packing and movement of everything in both houses. Next week we plan to get the school and daycare set up in the hopes that this will be a somewhat seamless transition. This Saturday we're planning on going over and unpacking and sorting through as much over there as we can so we'll have less to do next weekend. At least we got the kitchen done last Saturday... whew!!!

This Sunday is Ward Conference, where the Choir will sing "I Heard Him Come". I hope my cold is gone by then so I can participate. I've been working on the hymns for this Sunday's Relief Society meeting. I'm also excited about the upcoming "mini-enrichment" on 2/19/09 (Thursday) at 7pm. We've nailed down the place (Sister Gilbert's house) and it looks like we'll have 12-15 (maybe 20) sisters and friends in attendance... Looks like I'll be baking a lot of cake! So far the reigning favorite is the Triple-C so at least it's an easy cake to bake. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Make sure mommy gets lots of rest...so hard with 3 kiddos.

    ReplyDelete