Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New School

Audie and Chloie started at Back Creek Valley Elementary yesterday. Both were excited. I took them into school so I could get them registered... wow. Not only did I have paperwork to fill out at the school, but they sent me home with a packet for each that took me over an hour to complete. One of the forms I had to fill out 4 - count them FOUR - times!

Anyhow, BCVE uses an apple system to encourage good behavior. Green is good, yellow for the first warning, red for the second warning and 15 minutes of recess lost, and brown is the final warning with all of recess lost and a trip to the principal's office. I'm happy to report that both of my little apples have been green for the last 2 days (they send a calender home for the parents colored with the behavior's color). They seem to be adjusting well. Audie remembers some of the kids from Inwood Primary, and both Audie and Chloie know kids from church that attend the same school.

I even got to meet the principal and Chloie's teacher. Thankfully Chloie's enthusiasm is welcomed here. Tim and I are still considering talking to the family doctor about the possibility of ADD, but I'm not too worried about it at the moment.

Yesterday, Audie and one of his class mates got to read the announcements in the morning. His first comment about it was, "Are you proud of me?" Um, YES! my little guy is growing up so fast!

Dougie is doing well at Sister Stollings house during the day. She says that all of the kids are well behaved while she has them. I'm glad they get their terror out of the way at home! We've decided to wait until Saturday to take Dougie to get his staple removed. I want to give it an extra couple days to heal (PMM surfacing again).

We're slowly making progress unpacking. I've managed to file all of our paperwork away in the shiny new filing cabinet Tim got for me. He's managed to put away all of the movies. I didn't realize how many we actually had. We've made a list of what rooms we want to focus on first and in what order to proceed. I'm hoping to accomplish as much as possible this weekend. I'd like to go to the Gardening Seminar on Saturday, but we have so much to do around the house that we've decided to stay around the house and maybe go grocery shopping later on.

1 comment:

  1. I was at the gardening seminar and will gladly fill you in! We had a great time, and you were missed.

    ReplyDelete