Thursday, August 26, 2010

"I want to suck your blood"

Not me personally, mind you, but the people on the bus. They frighten me.

Actually, they're really nice people doing a service for the community. The Red Cross Blood Bus came to Royal Vendors yesterday for our regularly scheduled blood drive. This was my 4th donation, and I had a nice guy named George stick me. Christie organizes the whole thing and graciously accepted my offering of baked goods for the drive. Apparently, people love my cupcakes, and it encourages them to sign up if "there will be cake".

That seems to be a big selling point recently. When there's a RS meeting or conference, "there will be cake" is announced, and if you say it, they will come. Makes for an interesting career.

Now that I know that I can donate, I've been actively campaigning among my fellow Royal minions to donate. I'm even letting them choose the cupcakes. This time we had the Triple-C in cupcake form and yellow cupcakes with cream cheese icing and *sprinkles*. Next time I'm making peanut butter cup cupcakes and something else on which I haven't decided yet. I make 24 of each flavor and bring them in on two covered trays, but they never last through the day. And this time, I didn't even get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment