Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Are we there yet?

... or in my case, is it working yet?

After months patiently waiting for its moment of glory and recognition, the treadmill is finally getting the attention it deserves. It sat in the basement for months without use, mostly because it was 'out of sight' so I didn't think to use it. Tim hasn't either, but with the Lowe's workout program, it doesn't look like he needs to. I'd been asking (nagging) him for weeks to help me bring it upstairs so that I could put it in the living room, but it seemed to take forever, and this wasn't something I could move myself (see the bookcase in the office).

Walking past it several times a day for the last 2 weeks finally worked. Yesterday and this morning, I got up a little early and actually used it. Granted it was only on level 2.0 and only for 15 minutes, but hey, it's progress! I figure if I ease into it that I'll be more likely to stick with it this time. Even at that level and little time in the morning has given me hope. I feel a little more awake, though at this point its not much more than my usual, and I'm not sure if it is the 15 minutes of sweating, the quick shower, or the 30 minutes of continued sweating afterwards that is helping me feel awake. I have to drive the first 15 minutes to work with the AC on just to cool off.

My goal in this exercise (pun intended) is to lose 100 lbs. Yep, you read correctly, 100 pounds. I'll still be overweight after that, but markedly better. I've heard that without the extra weight on my frame that I'll feel better, that I won't have as much back pain (or none at all), and that I'll have more energy. Personally, I just hope that I'll be able to get back into some of my old clothes. I've decided to add a widget somewhere on here that will document my progress, and I'll update it weekly on Friday so that everyone can see it and keep me honest. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment