Wednesday, September 01, 2010

5 minutes to go

I don't know what I was thinking last night, but I got caught up in something I was watching on TV and was up until 1am. Now I know what you're thinking, but I promise it was for a quasi-good cause. Chloie has a friend at school that liked her scarf so much, that she asked Chloie if her mommy would make her one, too. Chloie was so excited when she asked me that I couldn't turn her down, so I dug out my jumbo knitting needles and the same colorful eyelash yarn that I used before and knitted for two nights to finish it. With 6 inches to go at midnight, I decided to stay up for a little bit longer to get it done. I love the colors...
So I woke up this morning 5 minutes before my alarm, and I'm not even tired. I got up and dressed, set up the treadmill, and cranked it up to a whopping 1.5 incline today! Small steps require enthusiasm so please bear with me. If I don't at least try, it will be the shortest workout in history. In any case, with only 5 hours of sleep I'm usually dragging my behind for most of the day; however, I'm feeling pretty good. Maybe this exercise thing is working after all.

Oh, and another nifty bit of news... they finally opened the new section of Route 9 between Kearneysville and Opequon. Going that route took 8 minutes off of my commute! Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment