Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm family, tell me?

I just read over on my SIL's blog that they went in for their 15 week appointment and got to see baby again. It's so exciting seeing all of this happen for them! In the mean time I'm chomping at the bit to make them an afghan, but I have to find out if the wee bitty is a boy or a girl so that I can make it in the right colors... and they know!!! They found out yesterday, and the suspense is killing me! Do I get pink or blue, lacy or solid, thick or thin, bright or pastel? So many yarn choices that can't be made without that one little tidbit of info...

I'm not addicted to yarn, I promise.

Unless it's genetic like they believe alcoholism to be, then I'm in trouble because my mother has a long standing love affair with yarn. Boxes of yarn. Baskets of yarn. Bins of yarn. Bags of yarn. Cubie storage things of yarn. Thick yarn, thin yarn, sparkly yarn, soft yarn, wool yarn, fuzzy yarn, it's all there. It's hard to tell where it ends. I suppose there are more disturbing hobbies and collections than one such as this. I just love the colors! There's also something very satisfying about finishing a project, stepping and seeing someone enjoying it, and knowing that you made that (for my BIL and SIL, don't worry, that goes DOUBLE for babies).

No comments:

Post a Comment