Thursday, September 09, 2010

I have a website, and I (don't) know how to use it!

Perusing GoDaddy.com yesterday and daydreaming about owning my own bakery, I checked to see if the .com I intended to use was still available.

It wasn't.

A home-based baker in Illinois had taken it and used it for her own. I felt a little bummed out that my dream bubble had been popped. Thoughts of wishing I'd had the money months ago to purchase that name came up. Instead, I decided to use thekookycakelady.com seeing as that's what they call me, and I kind of like the sound of it. I still intend to call my bakery "That Little Cake Place", so don't worry fans-of-the-baked-good, we'll still push forward with a smile. :)

My father gave me a crash course in html last night that allowed me to at least get something other than the standard message. I'm hoping to learn a little more and put something together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment