Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ginger Ale and Crackers

We had a pretty good weekend.

It seems like I could stop there, but so much happened that I don't think it accurately sums it up.

JaNae and I worked Friday evening on reorganizing the visiting teaching routes. I'll enter the changes Tuesday afternoon while Audie is in Scouts. We also discussed ideas for next year's VT Conference. It's going to BEE fun! Tim was away for the evening to take a test in Hagerstown at the jail, but the place was so a"maze"ing that he couldn't find it and missed the test. He's going to try again next month now that he knows where to go.

I got up and walked Saturday morning as I had planned to. After breakfast, we worked as a family on the dressers we started months ago for the boys. Together we assembled the 4 small drawers and 2 of the 6 big drawers. We also used the router to to a half round to the front edge of the drawer faces and used another bit (don't ask me which one) to rabbit(?) the side panels. We glued and screwed it all together, and wow, it looks good! It's nice to see progress happening, and the kiddos really enjoy helping out in the workshop. They shared different sweeping jobs, helped move wood pieces from one place to another, and had screws ready when we needed them.

We had the Galbraiths over for a dinner of steak, oven baked herb potatoes, and corn with pudding clouds with sprinkles for dessert. It was fun to have them over and talk.

Sunday at church we talked about the restored church in sacrament, and work in Gospel Essentials. I miss not having Tim teaching, but Debbie did an awesome job. He decided to go to Gospel Doctrine instead of staying with me in Essentials. I've decided that I'll change over in January when they start the New Testament. I hate trying to start something in the middle of the program.

Amy and I went over our plans for going to the Temple on Saturday, so we left church a little late. As a result, Tim didn't have much time at my parents' house before he changed and went to work. We did have Mom's awesome baked ziti. Mmmm, tasty!

Then the fun started Sunday night. Dougie got sick sometime around midnight. Tim was up watching the Redskins beat the Cowboys when it happened. He was crushed. He let me sleep and took care of it the first time, but Dougie kept throwing up at hour intervals throughout the night. We finally settled his tummy enough to get some sleep, but by that time I'd decided to call in sick to work to take care of him. Tim got some ginger ale and crackers, and Dougie and I worked on sipping and nibbling for the rest of the day. He slept a lot, but in the end was able to eat chicken soup and ice cream for dinner without upsetting his tummy.

All this happened during a particularly nasty blowout Tim and I had over the weekend. I'll admit that we've argued about a lot of things recently, but nothing like this. This was bad. Since then, we've managed to work things out, but feelings will be tender for a while, and we'll both have to get used to the new way of doing things. Luckily, and through the grace of God, we're still together, and perhaps a little stronger for it.

Which brings me to this morning. I didn't walk yesterday because of the fight and Dougie's tummy aches, and Tim and worked things out this morning when he got home for a couple hours, so I skipped walking this morning in favor of getting an extra hour of sleep. Somehow through all of this I still lost weight. Not much, but enough to encourage me to walk tomorrow. I'm on the new schedule now and going in at 6:30am, so I'm still getting used to getting up that early, getting to bed on time, and trying out different routes to get the best one to get me to work. It will be tight running in the afternoons when I have to leave at 3pm, pick up Dougie at my parents' house, and get to the bus stop in time to pick up the kiddos. We'll see how we do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment