Thursday, September 23, 2010

101 posts!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I'd passed the 100-post mark. I suppose that should be cause for celebration (at least it is for TV shows), but I can never be sure.

Yesterday I crocheted the first clue of the Bernat Mystery Crochet-Along. I love this yarn. It's not much thicker than the Red Heart super saver yarn I usually use, but when I wash the finished afghan it will be very soft. Here are the printed directions for the first square (crochet x2), the yarn I used (Contrast A for me is Natural), the hook, and the completed squares. I ran through the tutorial they had on the blog to check my gauge just in case. Turns out I'm spot on.The 4" x 4" swatch to test my gauge only took 10 minutes, and I took it out once I'd verified everything so that I could reuse the yarn (I don't like to waste). The squares themselves only took about 30 minutes each to complete and measure 8" x 8". I can't wait to compare squares with others that are doing this project with me. Mom said she'd printed out the pattern, but hadn't started yet. She did say that she was going to use regular yarn so it should be interesting to see what hers looks like. On Sunday, JaNae and I are going to see if any of the RS sisters would like to "crochet-along" with us. I think it would be a fun activity that we could do as a group, and it would be an opportunity for less experienced crocheters to learn something new. It seems kind of anti-climactic to wait a week to only do 2 squares and only spend an hour on them. I suppose that as the difficulty is increase in later squares that it will take a little longer. In the mean time I can finish the throw pillow covers I've been working on. I only have 6 more inches to knit on this one, then I can put them all together. I also have Tim's quilt to finish (I'm abot 1/3 done), and we as a family have the boys' dressers to complete. I need to take pictures of that progress...

Oh, and we're baking cookies tonight for the sisters I visit teach (and some to keep home). Looks like the kiddos and I will have a busy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment