Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When I was sneaky

Over two years ago, Tim proposed to me by sending me on a treasure hunt across the house that finally led me to meet him at his parents' house. It was a lot of fun, and I decided then that I'd get him back some day.

I decided that for our "get to know you" anniversary, the day we started dating 4 years ago in July, I'd finally get him back. Mind you I made sure that all of my clues were clearly legible (on aray) and valid (missing playhouse). I had to be sneaky. He didn't know anything about it, and I even had to hide the last couple clues while he was in the house!

I saw a youtube video on how to make these origami rose cubes and thought they'd be perfect since he used roses in his hunt, and because they are paper I don't have to worry about them wilting. Here they are laid out on the counter closed.
And open.
I left him a letter explaining everything and his first clue.
Then I went to work hiding them.
He said he had a tough time with this one. We took a shower right after he got home in the morning, so I had to hide it after we were done. It was literally the last place he looked because of that.
Another sneaky hiding place. I put this clue in his work shoes after he took them off. :)This is inside our mail box. I hid this clue on my way to work.

I took a nice change of clothes with me to work... Tim had no idea until he went back to the room and found the first clue on the bed. Hehe! He met me at Outback for dinner and a movie for our anniversary (I'd also purchased the tickets in advance as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment