Friday, September 24, 2010

Trying something new (again)

I've tried something new this past week.

I haven't walked a day this week - I've just not had the energy that early in the morning. I'm even going to bed about an hour after the kiddos do. I don't know, but I haven't been dragging like I usually do when I don't exercise.

This something new involves my diet, or more specifically, what and how much I'm eating. I've been bringing instant oatmeal and toasted snack crackers to work with me and eating oatmeal around 8am, crackers at 11am or so, and oatmeal again around 2pm. I'm also limiting the amount I eat at dinner. For example, we went to China.City Buffet Wednesday night for my parents' birthday dinner, and I love Chinese food, but I was good and only got one plate and a small bowl of ice cream for dessert. Instead of gaining after a night like that like I usually do, I maintained the downward trend. Yay!

I've found that while I might be hungry earlier than 8am, I tend to get queasy if I eat too early. Same thing with walking... I could do it just fine at 7am, but doing it 2 hours earlier makes me sick. We'll have to try something else there.

No comments:

Post a Comment