Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh, Inventory! How I love thee! (a sonnet)

The tediousness of your process fascinates me
and tempts me to tear apart my sheets.
If only there were more time to spend with you
to detail my every desire and count.
It is not fair that others participate
in this dance we do each year to define us
but I would do this more often if it meant
we could allow ourselves that decadence.

Can you feel the sarcasm? No? I guess I'll have to work on that. Really, this year's inventory went a lot better than last year, or the year before for that matter. I was surprised... and impressed. It was the smoothest inventory I've participated in during the 5 years I've been here. It almost makes up for the early start. 3am was a thing of the past until September 30th rolls around each year. Oh, joy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment