Thursday, August 12, 2010

What is this quintessence of dust?

I received some bad news this morning on two accounts:

First, I made an anniversary cake for a coworker last night for delivery today. He and his girlfriend have been together 8 years. This morning he wasn't at work because one of his dogs died. Buck, a 17 year old German Shepard, passed away yesterday, and for people who consider dogs their kids (especially when they don't have any of the human kind), it hit them pretty hard.

Second, a friend from church passed away Monday in Winchester. I was hoping we'd get to see her back soon, but I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. Now I worry about what will happen to her grandson without her influence. I remember making crocheted washcloths for her house, but she used them as decoration on her table instead because they were "too pretty". Wow, I'm going to miss her. Sadly we won't be able to make her funeral service because we'll be traveling back from TN with the kiddos.

I suppose we should be prepared for the inevitability of it all; what lives must die. I take comfort in knowing that it is only a temporary separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment