Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm tempted.

Yesterday morning after I dropped Dougie off at my parents' house, I was driving through Martinsburg on my way to work and saw an empty store front on Queen Street. It had the usual "FOR RENT" signs from a local Realtor, but it also had a sign from the city that said, "It's not vacant, it's an opportunity."

It was one of those fronts that had a glass tunnel to the front door so that you were walking between two displays. When I saw it, I thought how perfect it would be to fill them with cakes to display with a sign out front boasting "Triple T - Taste Testing Tuesday!" Imagine a little bell on the door that rings when you open it, a counter with cakes like the Hex-a-lot-a-chocolate or Triple-C ready for purchase, ovens filling the store with baking cake smells that waft onto the street, and various cake projects in stages of progression in the back for all to see.

I'm tempted to call and see what they're talking about; what program they're offering as incentive to bring new businesses to the main streets of Martinsburg. I'm tempted to sit down and dedicate time to figure out what I need to do to save up and start this thing. I'm also tempted to put this on hold *again* and wait until the economy is better. Can I really justify trying and failing in the hopes that I'll have enough business to support this idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment