Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Coveted Bubble Bath

I LOVE making cakes. I really do. The only problem is that they're stressful.

Is the color of the icing right?
Why did the fondant crack?
How will I transport it?
To stack or not to stack for movement?
How do I fix the air bubble?
Did I bring enough icing?
Where will I put the cake until I'm done with it?
I need how much more fondant?
Do I have enough (butter, flour, sugar, milk, vanilla, chocolate, marshmallow cream, ...)?

You get the idea.

In response to these and other *fun* cake-related situations, I instituted the bubble bath. At the end of a cake run, I get to lock myself in the bathroom with a cold glass of sparkling raspberry juice, a good book, and a tub of almost too hot water and bubbles in which to soak. Que the scented candles and incense. Do not knock on the door, because I promise you that I won't answer. Then again I usually wait until the kiddos are in bed and Tim is playing his game. He understands this ritual and knows not to disturb the bubbles.

One a side note, I delivered the Young Women's cake last night (the last in this particular cake run). I humbly submit for your viewing pleasure the cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment