Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Parent Teacher Conferences

We talked with Audie's teacher last night, and I'm glad we did. It turns out that the things we've been noticing weren't us just over reacting. Audie's been having trouble reading. Funny thing is that he doesn't have as much trouble reading scriptures each day with us, just the stuff from school. His teacher confirmed that he gets distracted easily, and as a result gets frustrated when he has to catch up. She recommended some ways to help him from home, and even agreed to send his reading book home an extra day during the week so that he can practice more. I think we'll start seeing some progress.

I really like his teacher (and her in-classroom helper). They really care about their students, and were willing to discuss at length the progress of our son. I don't remember some of my teachers being that nice when I was in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment