Friday, November 19, 2010

Does this mean I'm getting old?

Tim and I were discussing a bid he wanted to make on EBAY last night, and right in the middle of the discussion, he says, "You have a grey hair!"

Me: "NO, I don't"

Tim: "Trust me, I'm the expert on grey hair." (runs his fingers through his own head of salt and pepper hair) "You have a grey hair."

Me: "I don't believe it."

Tim: "It's right here! Do you want me to pull it out and show you?"

Me: "YES."

So he pulls is out... I wrap it around my little finger so I can see the color...

... and it's not grey!

Chloie: "Mommy, you have a grey hair! Daddy pulled the wrong one. I can see it!"

Me: "Are you serious?"

Tim: "She's right. I'll pull the right one out this time."

Sure enough, it was grey. Really more white. There it was, a 2-inch long white hair from my own head held between my thumb and index finger. I didn't even have to wrap it around my finger to see it. It was WHITE and there was no denying it. If this little hair is any indication of what the rest of it will do, I'm in for a thick white curly mop later in life! Why couldn't I be more like my great-grandmother and still be naturally blond well into my 80's? And to think I almost made it to 30. It looks like I'll have to start investing in some hair dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment