Monday, November 22, 2010

Kind Strangers

Yesterday after the kiddos and I got home from church, we were pleasantly napping when I got a phone call. The caller was nice enough, asking if we were home, wishing to deliver a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. Wow.

I couldn't believe it. There they were, the family of five, with a box of assorted dinner items, a huge bird, and the pan to roast it in. They delivered and left, and I'm sorry to say that I didn't catch their name. When asked how they got our name for this delivery, they said that someone had turned it in to their church or organization. Wow again.

Somewhere out there is an awesome someone (s) who cares for us. I talked it over with Tim, and we decided that because we weren't going to be here for Thanksgiving dinner, that we'd pass it forward to someone that could use it more than we can. The kiddos and I loaded it all into the Trailblazer and made a trip into Inwood to deliver it to the Bishop and ask him to find someone who needs it.

I don't even want to know who it will be.

Just as long as someone can enjoy it.

Events like this renew my faith in the kindness of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment