Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I want my bird.

Bonus points if you can tell me what recent movie that is from. Really it was pronounced more like, "I want my boid." Any takers?

I was up late (midnight) last night working on this bird... for a cake... due tonight. It's huge. I managed to transform it from a vague lump of green floral Styrofoam into a detailed chocolate-covered bald eagle. Yep, you read correctly. A BALD EAGLE. Lofty goals, much?

In truth this cake is for a young man in our ward getting his Eagle Scout tonight. I remember talking with him and his mother in passing last year about it. I told him that if he earned his Eagle, that I would put a 12" tall bald eagle on a cake for him. Well, he did it, and so have I.

I'm so proud of our Scouts. Audie and others in his den have earned their Bobcat badge, two of our scouts have recently earned Arrow of Light, and this is the second Eagle Scout in as many weeks. We have an active pack! I was surprised when Audie got his Bobcat and he got to pin me with a mini Bobcat badge. As I was new to scouts, I wasn't expecting it. I was expecting the dads to get all of the credit because they do the camping trips, hikes, etc. Way to go Moms!

I promise I'll post pictures of the finished cake after I deliver it tonight. I can't fully assemble it until I get it to the church. Did I mention that chocolate feathers are delicate?

No comments:

Post a Comment