Thursday, January 13, 2011

A day at home (again)

Tuesday at work they cancelled production, but said that the office personnel would report at their normal time. I figured that instead of going in at 6:30 like I normally do, I would come in at 8:30. Once they cancelled school in Berkeley County, however, I decided to stay home. no school means that the roads between me and the main roads have not been plowed. I wasn't going anywhere.

Instead, we had the kids pile all of their toys in the middle of the play room and start sorting while Tim and I built a quick shelving unit for their bins. It took us about an hour to get it together. Meanwhile, the kiddos got all of their blocks, magnets, cars, train pieces, and misc. stuff together in piles and bins. We reorganized the entire room and got rid of old, broken, or incomplete toys. We've got a large bag of toys to donate, cleared out all of the trash and missing socks, and put everything in its place.

The deal now, is that they can take their Christmas toys down stairs and put them in the places we've designated for them. They each may play with one toy at a time (or bin like the train set or car bin), but they have to put it back in that bin when they are done. They also cannot play with another toy until they've put the other one away. Tim and I are going to inspect each day until they get the hang of it, kind of like we did with the boys' room after we rearranged it. I'm so glad we finally get to clear out the living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment