Monday, January 31, 2011

Bee There

We had our Visiting Teaching Conference yesterday. I was very glad to see the amount of sisters there that we had. I seem to remember last year's conference being a little more sparsely populated.

My RS President and I had this great there of asking the sisters to "Bee There" for the sisters they visit teach. These cutie little chocolate bees were made using a Wilton truffle mold with yellow melting chocolate painted in it for the stripes and a Popsicle stick inserted before they cooled. The head and wings were free hand on parchment paper and attached using melted chocolate.Once assembled, they were inserted into the cupcakes.I made 48 cupcakes (24 chocolate and 24 strawberry). There were 8 colors in all. Instead of cleaning out the icing bag between colors, I just kept filling it. It made some interesting variegated roses. These are some of the best roses I've ever done, and they're HUGE!
After last year (with so many left over) I was hesitant to make more than 4 dozen. As it turned out, there were some sisters that didn't get any (I'm SO sorry). Some day I'll get the ratio right. We handed out updated directories and new VT routes. I have a companion this year! :) I can't wait to start visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment