Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Do you think it's too early?

I've been in email communication with a friend from our ward. She's been awesome, and she has great ideas. I've been asking her help and advice.

Oh, on what?

Gardening.

The books don't help me because I don't know diddly about conditions or soil or planting or seasons. Those people have never tried to plant a garden on the side of a mountain! Deb's first piece of advice? Have the soil tested.

I hadn't thought of that.

Maybe that's why my garden *EPIC FAILED* last year... and the year before... but who's counting? I'm so ignorant on this subject that I don't even know when to plant what, when to start what inside, or how to get it all in the ground. I'm so bad. Thankfully she is the voice of experience and reason.

So, sometime this week I'll pick up the testing packets and get those filled and in. Maybe they can find something that will explain the gardening gaff. I'm also going to try the seed company she suggested. They have seeds that work well in this area. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment