Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Have Blood (and cupcakes) Will Donate

It's that time again. Time for me to eat a good breakfast. Time for me to actually eat a breakfast. Time to lounge around and feel drained. Time to try not to get light headed.

Time to donate blood.

Yep, it's time for me (the scaredy cat about needles) to let them poke my arm and take a pint. I saw the roster this morning. I'm not sure if people didn't sign up because they weren't here for the holidays, but our numbers are looking pretty thin. I'm hoping that the cupcakes I bring in each blood drive will help encourage others to donate. This morning when I clocked in on the factory floor, one guy looked at the tray of cupcakes and said he was going to follow me wherever I was going. I told him to donate today. I'll walk down the hallway enticing people if I have to. Can you see me? "Come here! Wanna cupcake? Wanna donate? Donate with me!"

In the mean time, this will bring my lifetime units to 6 pints donated. At 4 times a year for another 50+ years, that could be more than 200 pints or over 25 GALLONS of blood over a lifetime. Just wow. O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment